Friday, March 16, 2007

The Four Steps of Visualizing STRATEGY

Visual Awakening
.Compare your business with your competitors' by drawing your "as is" strategy picture.
.See where your strategy needs to change

Visual Exploration
Go in the field to:
.Discover the adoption of hurdles for noncustomers.
.Observe the distinctive advantages of alternative products and services.
.See which factors you should eliminate, create, or change.

Visual Strategy Fair
.Draw your "to be" strategy canvases based on insights from field observations.
.Get feedback on alternative strategy pictures from customers, lost customers, competitors' customers, and noncustomers.
.Use feedback to build the best "to be" strategy.

Visual Communication
.Distribute your before-and-after strategic profiles on one page for easy comparison.
.Support only those projects and operational moves that allow your company to close the gaps to actualize the new strategy.


Courtesy: Harvard Business Review

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a Copy Paste from:
http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/3020.html

Shame on you.

Ashutosh said...

Hi Pooja,Its nice to know that you are smart but I'm smarter than you.I have clearly mentioned the source of the article.The purpose of putting articles is not to show that my knowledge but to spread knowledge.Life is all about learning.It might happen that I visit someone's blog and come to know about something which I do not know.And,I would have appreciated if you could ahve shown interest in discussing the topics rather than showing the copy paste link!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashutosh,

I am really impressed by your articles.However one thing confuses me are working as functional analyst..and all your articles are on business consulting....neways..i am working for HP in bangalore as a freelance consultant and want to start my own firm...as i earlier said ur articles have made me interested..i would like to meet u if it is convenient to u...let me knw...

Ashutosh said...

Well,I would like to meet you for sure.I would appreciate if you could give me your e-mail id for further communication.Mine is

ashutosh11.bose@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous said...

But before meeting i want to know more about the nature of work u do..which company u wrok presently..what is your role..what all are ur responsibilities....in what stage is the project..how critical is your role in the project....i am waitin fr ur reply..

Ashutosh said...

I would be pleased to provide you all the details that you have desired for but it would be kind of you to provide me your e-mail address so that we can communicate further and I can mail you my profile which will give you a brief description of my professional and personal acumen.

Anonymous said...

hi ashutosh, it will be great if you could provide the details on the blog as it will be convenient for my colleagues who also are interested in this venture to see it and easy for us to discuss and plan things further

Ashutosh said...

I have posted my Brief Profile.Thanks a Lot.